hr


Page Views
33458


North Farmington Cemetery is the only cemetery in the Farmington area in which a veteran of each United States war is buried. Here lies Revolutionary War soldier, Levi Green, along with soldiers from the War of 1812, the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, the First and Second World Wars. the Korean War and the Vietnam War.


The North Farmington Cemetery is located on Farmington Road, north of 13 Mile Road in Farmington Hills, Michigan.


The cemetery was incorporated in March 1837 by Chauncey D. Wolcott, Orange Culver and John H. Button. It was know then as "The Wolcott Cemetery". The early records were very poorly kept and in February 1874 the cemetery was re-incorporated.


The first burial was a daughter of Austin Nichols, the second Gardner Frink.


Prior to 1837, there was a burial area near the Wolcott house. The bodies of Horace Cowles, son of Darius, who died in 1830 of comsumption, John Wolcott, father of Chauncey, and Lucy Cowles, sister of Horace were removed from this location and buried in the North Farmington Cemetery.


The cemetery is owned and maintained by the North Farmington Burial Association. The burial records are kept by a designated official of the Association.


The old stone chapel is still being used for burial services.


hr
grave_left

North Farmington Cemetery
29900 Farmington Rd.
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
contact@northfarmingtoncemetery.org
© 2010

grave_right